Monday, February 13, 2012

Glasgow::: Arrival

Flights went well. Arrived in Glasgow near 7:30am this morning to open arms of Wesley and Helen. Had some wonderfully Scottish breakfast in the West End consisting of poached eggs and sausage on a warm ciabatta roll.  Fantastic. Then, Helen, Wes, and I trounced around some small alley ways and some more major city streets popping into little nuanced antique and second hand shops, saw the Glasgow botanical gardens, and got some incredible Turkish Food. All this and only a couple of hours of sleep since sunday morning.   Weather: high s of mid 40's F, chilly wind but the sun came out.  Quite a nice change, so they tell me, from their recent more frigid and grey weather.

just laying around at wes' flat

Breakfast at the West Bank Cafe 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it safe my friend! I love Scotland, I will visit it again... someday soon... someday soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome first day man!! So excited for your catch up time with Weez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirk, yeah i'm safe and sound here and having a great time! I wish you and Nathan were both here.

    ReplyDelete