Friday, March 19, 2010

RADIOHEAD vs THE MUSIC INDUSTRY

I'm not sure if everyone knows this but I am a music minor here at Cal Poly. That means i get to mix a couple of music classes in here and there with Genetics, O Chem, and Animal Physiology. It's great!

I recently wrote a term paper for a class dealing with music in society, specifically that of the United States. We could choose anything that has influenced American culture in some way. Basically, with that kind of instruction, I interpreted it as we could write about anything we wanted, so I did. I chose to write about RADIOHEAD and their innovative album, In Rainbows. The paper focused on the efficacy of the "Pay What You Want" release method and its effect on the Record Industry... it could be worth reading if music politics somewhat interest you.

I've posted a copy of the paper below.


My Paper:

No comments:

Post a Comment